From the simplest fur repair work to the most complicated restoration, we at Thalia Furs are here to help. We first inspect your fur garment looking for signs of wear and tear, moth, bear spots (where fur pieces are ripped off), damaged fibres and the leather underneath. It is only then we will work out the best way to restore your fur garment to its original state. All our fur repair and restoration works are carried out by our head furrier Mr. Danny Taby, a master fur artisan and his team, who have over three decades of hands on experience on all aspects of fur repair, restoration and alteration works. Here are some examples of common repairs and alterations we carry out at our workshop:
- Torn lining – opened and reinforced in a way that won’t be visible at all. Some cases is replaced.
- Extreme wear, including bear spots – replacing the wear area with new matching quality fur piece ‘till its un noticeable at all.
- Moth Proofing – Moth normally shun bright light, so they rarely attack frequently worn clothing. They thrive in clothing that is packed away for long periods of time. What’s more, the adult moths won’t do any harm. Damage to fur is actually done by moth larvae. Please ask us about our free moth proofing service (terms and conditions apply).
- Tears of the leather – especially under the arm and across the back, because of skins becoming stiff. Reconditioning may be required to improve the leather by using moisturisers oils which can add flexibility, strength and luster of the leather.
- Shortening or lengthening – garment sleeves or hemline.
- Move or replace closures – buttons, hooks & rings, zippers, collars and cuffs.
- Closing open seams
To discuss the many possibilities, please email email@example.com or call us direct on 0207-427-6090